On November 29, 2016 we reported that a new academic professional who sought to use their IPDA for professional development fees had her request denied when she was told her IPDA was not scheduled to be funded until July 1, 2017.
PSU-AAUP brought the matter to the Labor Management committee who, in term, referred the matter to Interim Bargaining. PSU-AAUP and the University exchanged several proposals, and on Feb 24 we executed an MOU that provides for the following:
- IPDAs will be created for newly employed members at the time of hire.
- if the new hire employee has a trial service period, the new hire can access their IPDA funds after the trial service is complete.
- If the new hire does not have a trial service, the new hire will have access to their IPDA from the date of hire.
- Nine Month members on September 16 will be credited with the full year's IPDA
- The IPDA will be prorated according to full calendar months remaining in the fiscal year
- The IPDA will be prorated according to FTE
- An approved sabbatical will not result in a proration of IPDAs
This MOU becomes an addendum to the CBA. Here is a revised CBA.