As part of the agreement negotiated in 2022, your Individual Personal Development Account can now be used for many more things than in the past.
A member may use funds in an IPDA for activities that support the job-related professional development of the member. Examples of such uses could include, but are not limited to:
- travel for the presentation of scholarly work
- conference fees and travel
- professional organization fees
- professional licensure or certification requirements
- acquisition of specialized equipment (such as laboratory or art supplies)
- tuition and/or fees
- subscriptions and books
- submission fees
- research services
- and relevant training and continuing education opportunities.
IPDA funds may also be used to: acquire computers and associated peripherals (external devices like specialized keyboard or monitor) used to advance the specific professional development activity and to hire hourly student employees who provide administrative, clerical, labor, technical, or other general support that advances the professional development activity.
If you move from one unit to another at PSU, your IPDA funds follow you. Remember that unused IPDA funds roll over every year for up to a maximum of 4 years. (After 4 years they may only roll over if the employee can show good cause.) Otherwise, all unused funds revert back to your unit's budget.