For members needing childcare and caregiver relief, our “Mitigation of Effects of prolonged COVID-19 Pandemic on Member workload and well-being; Mitigation of amplified effects of pandemic on members with caregiving responsibilities” was passed. Conversations continue with administration to discuss additional relief. Stay tuned.
The MOA framework (link to full pdf):
- Whenever possible, committee work and service responsibilities, including significant new projects such as program redesign, will be deferred during this academic year (20-21).
- Attendance at non-essential meetings shall not be required during this period. Determination of which meetings are essential should be determined by the academic units.
- Supervisors will provide flexibility to members in scheduling whenever possible.
- Supervisors and members shall be given a reasonable period of time to respond to each other. Supervisors and members are encouraged to provide notice and schedule meeting times when applicable.
- Members will be allowed to extend the use of Emergency Paid Sick Leave, provided by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, to June 30, 2021.
- Members shall be permitted to reduce their FTE partially, or use applicable leave as necessary during the COVID period. The University agrees that no member will be disciplined or experience any adverse consequences for reducing their FTE or using leave during the COVID period. [Note: This is available to faculty and could include dropping a course.]
- Live Homework Help is free for Multnomah County Library members daily in all subject areas!
- PSU “Center for Students with Children” has some resources available to faculty and staff. Please reach out to them for further information.
- PSU Crafting with Little Vikings: Free, weekly on Wednesdays from 5:30pm-6:30 pm. and Fridays from 1:00-2:00pm for children of PSU students, staff, and faculty.
- PSU Little Vikings Activity Room: Activities are updated weekly, and the focus is to create content that children can participate in with minimal supervision.
- PSU Little Vikings Childcare: on-campus childcare center is open with spaces for staff and faculty.